Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Framed Tutorial


This is just a quickie tutorial on how to make the girl look like she's coming out of the frame.  One of my friends was asking in our group how to do that, and it occurred to me that some of us have been PSPing for so long that we (and by we I mean I) forget that we all started at the beginning.  So, this basic tutorial is for my friend and anyone else who is still learning.  :)

Supplies
Tube of choice - I'm using a tube by Michael Landefeld which can be purchased at CDO.
Scrap kit of choice - I'm using the beautiful kit "Mimosa" by P-O Concept which can be purchased at PFD and S&Co.
Mask of choice - I'm using one called 0mask011_LT.  If this is your mask or you know the maker of this mask, please let me know, so I can give credit.
Font of choice - I'm using one called Dartangnon ITC.

1.  Open a new canvas 800 x 800.  (I like lots of room to work.)
2.  Paste your frame of choice. If you're using the same kit as me, I'm using element PO-mi22.
3.  Resize your frame to suit your tube.  I resized to 75%.
4.  Activate your magic wand with the tolerance and feather set to 0.  Click inside your frame.
5.  Selections>Modify_Expand by 5.
6.  Paste paper PO-mipp12 as a new layer.
7.  Invert selection and press delete on your keyboard.  Deselect.
8.  Drag this layer to the bottom.
9.  With your paper layer active, paste your tube as a new layer.
10.  Erase anything hinging out of the bottom and the side that you don't want hanging out.  Be careful not to erase the parts inside the frame.


11.  Duplicate your tube and move the duplicated tube up in your layer palette so that it is above your frame.
12.  Add a drop shadow of choice to your bottom tube layer and your frame.
13.  Erase the bottom parts of the tube that you don't want hanging over the frame.

14.  Add your elements of choice and add a drop shadow to each.  The elements I'm using are below.

PO-mi68
PO-mi103
PO-mi47
PO-mi54
PO-mi118
PO-mi28

15.  Add paper PO-mipp3 as a new layer.  Drag to the bottom of your layer palette.
16.  Layers>New Mask Layer>From Image and choose your mask from the list.
17.  Layers>Merge>Merge group.
18.  Crop any excess background and resize to your liking.  I resized mine to 60%.
19.  Add your copyrights and name and save as a PNG or JPEG.

No comments:

Post a Comment