Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Blue Alice PTU Tutorial



This is an original tut by me.  Any resemblance to any other tut is purely coincidental.

Supplies
Paint Shop Pro.  I'm using version 9, but this will work in all versions.
Tube of choice - I'm using one by VeryMany.  You can purchase her tubes at her shop here.
PTU Scrap kit "Blue Bay" by P-O Concept.  Kit can be purchased at PFD and S&Co.
Font of choice.  The one I'm using is called  Abelard.

1.  Open a new canvas 800 x 800.  (Remember, I like a lot of room to play with.)
2.  Copy and paste element PO-bl87 as a new layer.
3.  Copy and paste element PO-bl16 as a new layer.
4.  Add a drop shadow of choice.  I used V&H 2, Opacity 50, Blur 5.
5.  Copy and paste element PO-bl25 as a new layer.
6.  Resize this layer to 85%.
7.  Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.
8.  Drag tube layer under your bubble layer.  Resize as needed and position where you like under the bubble.
9.  Duplicate this layer and add a drop shadow to the original.
10.  Set your selection tool to circle with a feather of 0 and draw a circle approximately the size of the bubble.  It does not have to be exact.
11.  Invert selection and hit delete on both of your tube layers.
12.  Drag the copied tube layer above your bubble layer and lower the opacity to 50.
13.  Copy and paste element PO-bl48 as a new layer and position near the bottom of your tag.
14.  Add a drop shadow.
15.  Add some elements of choice.  I used PO-bl39 and PO-bl96.
16.  Crop your excess canvas.
17.  Resize to your liking.  I left the header for this tut at the original size.  I resized the tags to 60%.
18.  Add your copyright credits and name.
19.  Save as PNG or JPEG.


No comments:

Post a Comment